QDAR Video Library
With wood heat, you don’t flick a switch and the heat comes on. When you use a local REALTOR®, they’ll help you avoid making this mistake. A local REALTOR® can tell the difference between gas, propane, oil, and wood heat, so you can purchase your dream home with confidence, not regrets.
Are you looking to purchase a new home on the water? You should know that not all waterfront properties are the same. When you use a local REALTOR®, they ask the right questions for you.1 Because the last thing you want to do is end up like the guy in the video. A local REALTOR® knows the area and will help you find your dream waterfront property.
If you’re looking for a home in the country, there’s a good chance it’s going to have a well. There’s nothing wrong with wells, but when you use a local REALTOR® they’ll explain things like:
- How to determine the type of well on a property
- Whether the house has a water treatment system
- What to expect from the well
A local REALTOR® helps you find a home with a well that won’t cause you problems, so you too can enjoy clean drinking water like many rural Ontarians.
Who doesn’t love the idea of relaxing on the dock of your very own waterfront property? That’s the dream for many Ontarians. But you’ll want to use a local REALTOR® when looking at waterfront properties. Here’s why:
- They can explain to you any local waterfront bylaws and regulations that exist
- They know what the seasonal water levels are like
- They will tell you if you’re even allowed to build on the water
A local REALTOR® helps you find the perfect waterfront property based on your needs.
Don’t find yourself in a stinky situation
Rural homes rely on septic systems, not city-run sewage services. You’ll want to use a local REALTOR® If you’ve never owned a home with a septic system before.
They will tell you things like:
- The do’s and don'ts of septics
- How often you should get it pumped and their maintenance
- Why you should never park your car or a moving van on your septic system
A professional, locally-focused REALTOR® will help you find your own secluded oasis far from the hustle and bustle of the city, and they’ll help you understand the ins-and-outs of septic systems.
That feeling when you realize you can’t “Netflix and chill.”
That slice of heaven out in the country isn’t always as connected as you think. You shouldn’t expect fiber optic to be available, and you may find that cable internet isn’t available either. When you use a local REALTOR®, they’ll explain things to you like:
- What kind of cellphone reception you should expect in an area
- The different internet options available to you
- Which companies actually provide the services they advertise
The country definitely has its benefits – whether you want a larger property or increased privacy. But if internet is important to you, a local REALTOR® will help you find a home that has the connectivity you need.